Register your Interest to Study the Graduate Diploma in Animal Biomechanical Medicine.
As an experienced veterinarian, chiropractor or osteopath, via our Graduate Diploma in Animal Biomechanical Medicine you’ll learn how to apply biomechanical care to animal patients.
Developed by the Animal Biomechanical Professionals Australia (ABPA), this course provides practical skills and knowledge to apply animal biomechanical examination and treatment techniques.
You’ll learn the relevant canine and equine anatomy, biomechanics and neurophysiology. You will also gain skills in:
- safe work practices while applying biomechanical techniques
- how to assess and interpret animal patient response,
- the importance and incidence of contra-indications to biomechanical care
- examination techniques required to determine the need for referral or modification of care
- the safe and effective application of biomechanical assessment and treatments
There are minimum requirements to undertake this course. Please register your interest using the form below, and you will receive updates and information on new course intakes, when applications open, and more information on the course.
The ABPA does on occasion also offer open workshops and clinics for the general population and other interested animal care professionals. You can register your details below to stay informed of these events.